17.4.09

NHL Tweetup

I had a great time the other night here in Saint John as I attended the first NHL TweetUp hosted at Rocky's Sports Bar by my friends at the Hockey Zen and linked with over 30 cities worldwide as the Stanley Cup playoffs kicked off. The TweetUp was a fan based idea sprung on Twitter that was embraced by the NHL marketing team and deemed a great success.

Fans were able to link up and root for their favourite teams as a collective across the Twitter social network. The NHL must have been thrilled to see their fans develop a truly new interactive way to watch the games. I admit I have never felt so cool and so dorky at the same time in my life! Thanks to the guys at the Hockey Zen for hosting a fun event & Moe at Bud Light for providing some beer & prizes! It's always a good time at Rocky's for sure.

No comments: