21.5.09

Harness Racing in New Brunswick

On Monday I headed down to the Fredericton Raceway to check out the racing debut of the horse "Khayam I Am". A Fredericton group dubbed "The Syndicate" recently chipped in and bought "Ky" and have been attracting some great attention to great tradition of harness racing here in the province of New Brunswick. I must admit it had been many years since I had been to a horse track here in the province but I was instantly caught up in the excitement. Winning a bit of money certainly helped my day as well!

In the end, Khayam I Am finished a strong second in an exciting race that apparently featured some of the greatest crowd cheers heard at the racetrack in years.  Check out the video of the race on Facebook here

Best of luck this season Ky! Hopefully we can see her down here in Saint John at EPR sometime.

 Here is a neat history of racing at the Fredericton Racetrack from YouTube:


No comments: